ACU Summer School Scholarship. Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Summer School 2023 for University Students from the Commonwealth (Fully Funded to South Africa). See how to apply Below.
ACU Summer School Scholarship (Fully Funded to South Africa)
The annual ACU Summer School event is a forum for students from every corner of the Commonwealth to discuss multidisciplinary issues of global importance. Established in 2011, a key element of the School is the aim to mix local and regional students with their peers who may have not ever had the opportunity to leave their own regions.
ACU Summer School is a transformative opportunity which connects students across the Commonwealth. Participants can expect:
- Talks by leading international speakers
- Engaging and challenging group project work
- Networking opportunities
- Intercultural sessions
- Skills development
- The ACU Summer School welcomes applications from current postgraduate students (both master’s and PhD) and final-year undergraduate students at ACU member universities. Click on the link to find out if your university is an ACU member university.
- The ACU Summer School is aimed at students studying a subject that explores themes related to truth and reconciliation and/or with a personal interest in truth and reconciliation.
The cost of full participation in the program will be covered, including:
- Accommodation on campus
- Meals on campus
- Social activities and excursions
- Economy return flights/travel from your home country and travel to the university for students travelling from outside South Africa
The following costs are not covered:
- Visa (please note that some nationalities do not need a visa to enter South Africa)
- Food/spending on excursions
Application requirements for ACU Summer School.
As part of the online application, you are required to submit a detailed academic reference from a lecturer or supervisor at your current university of study who is familiar with your recent academic work.
This must be submitted on official university headed paper, be signed and dated after 5 December 2022 and refer to your suitability to attend the ACU Summer School.
You are also required to submit responses to the following questions:
- Describe your motivation for wishing to participate in the ACU Summer School 2023 and what you will contribute to and gain from the event.
- Explain how your interests and/or achievements, work experience, volunteering experience and studies fit with the themes of peace, truth and reconciliation in your context.
- Choose the UN Sustainable Development Goal which best relates to the subject you are studying or researching and explain why it is important that this goal is achieved using an example from your own country.
- Describe how you plan to share the knowledge and experience gained at the ACU Summer School with your university and community after the event.
How to Apply ACU Summer School Scholarship
- Students in the final year of their undergraduate degree who expect to move to postgraduate study, or those already studying for a postgraduate degree (full or part time) are eligible to apply to attend.
- Qualifying students from ACU member institutions will be eligible to apply for bursaries.
If you are unable to access the application form due to personal accessibility issues (for example, visual impairment), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
Application deadline: Monday 30 January 2023, 11:00 UTC