Africa Fellowship 2023 for Young Energy Leaders | How to Apply. The ambitious venture is crafted to invest in the future of those committed to delivering sustainable access to energy across Africa.
Africa Fellowship 2023 for Young Energy Leaders
The future of energy lies in the hands of innovation, and the Africa Fellowship 2023 for Young Energy Leaders is extending an unparalleled opportunity for those ready to make a difference. Targeting a zero-carbon Africa, the programme aims to shape the next generation of energy experts, renewable energy project managers, and much more.
Program Goals and Objectives
- Workforce Development: To create a competent workforce for the renewable energy industry.
- Entrepreneurship: To build entrepreneurs who will advance clean energy access to 600 million in Africa.
- Talent Retention: To retain young African talent in the renewable energy sector, vital to unlocking Africa’s sustainable future.
The programme offers international expertise on the utility-scale and small-scale use of four renewable energy technologies through general modules:
- Solar PV
- Onshore Wind
Additional modules include Electric Vehicle Engineering and Energy Transition in Africa.
The learning covers three core aspects:
The fellowship is a gateway to various professional and personal advancements:
- Professional Training: 6-month training in renewable energy technologies.
- Industry Exploration: Expand expertise beyond daily work.
- Internship Opportunity: Benefit from a one-month internship.
- Project Designing: Gain mentorship to propose a solution to a local energy problem.
- Networking: Virtual summits, meeting top industry leaders, and energy transition market networking.
- Skill Enhancement: Strengthen work through new connections, skills, and ideas.
- Employment Prospects: Be better equipped for post-fellowship employment and project collaborations.
- Global Alumni Network: Join an innovative global network of fellows.
Eligibility and Criteria for Application
To be eligible for the fellowship, candidates must:
- Be aged between 21 and 35.
- Hold a graduate degree, post-graduate or PhD in relevant fields.
- Be proficient in English.
- Be a citizen of one of the eligible African countries.
The selection is based on:
- Leadership and accomplishment records.
- Commitment to public service related to clean energy.
- Cooperative work ability and respect for diverse opinions.
- Strong communication skills and positive attitude.
- Knowledge and experience in renewable energy, economics, finance, or engineering fields.
How to Apply
The application is a straightforward process: