ASD Scholarship Programme for Masters Degree Study: The Asian Development Bank Japan Scholarship Programme (ADB-JSP) provides support for Master’s degree study in ADB-JSP approved fields of study at the University of Hawai‘i at M?noa (UHM), and for participation in the educational, residential, and leadership development Programmes at the East-West Center (EWC).
The ADB–JSP scholarship was established in April 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan to strengthen human resource capacity in Asian Development Bank developing member countries. It aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake graduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region. After completing their studies, scholars are expected to return to their home countries to apply and share their new knowledge and skills to promote socioeconomic development.
Read Also – UBC Doctoral Scholarships for International Students
ASD Scholarship – The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. It assists its members and partners by providing loans, technical assistance, grants, and equity investments to promote social and economic development.
ADB was conceived in the early 1960s as a financial institution that would be Asian in character and foster economic growth and cooperation in one of the poorest regions in the world.
The Japan Scholarship Program was established in April 1988 to provide an opportunity for qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries (DMCs) to undertake post-graduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
Read Also: Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship 2023 / 2024 For Foreign Scholars and Artists
Aim and Benefits of ADB-Japan Scholarships Programme
The ADB-JSP scholarship provides the following support for Master’s degree study at the University of Hawaii at Manoa:
- Full tuition and fees,
- Roundtrip travel to Honolulu from the applicant’s home country,
- Housing in East-West Center residence facilities,
- Monthly stipend,
- Funds for textbooks,
- Health insurance,
- U.S. visa sponsorship (J-1 Exchange Visitor).
Requirements for ADB-Japan Scholarships Programme Qualification
- Be a citizen and current resident of a developing member country of the Asian Development Bank and not more than 35 years old at the time of application.
- Have a 4-year bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of a 4-year Bachelor’s degree, at the time of application. (An equivalent could be a 3-year Bachelor’s degree plus a 1-year Master’s degree, or a 2-year bachelor’s degree plus a 2-year Master’s degree. This is subject to review.)
- Have at least 2 years of full-time professional work experience after a university degree at the time of application.
- Take one of the English proficiency tests; the minimum acceptable scores are 550 for the paper-based TOEFL; 213 for the computer-based TOEFL; and 79-80 for the internet-based TOEFL iBT; or 6.5 for the IELTS. Results must be taken from a test within the past two years.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Asian Development Bank (ADB) on eastwestcenter.submittable.com to apply
In addition to submitting an ADB-JSP scholarship application to the East-West Center, a separate application (including all required supporting documents) must be submitted to the University of Hawai‘i at M?noa for admission into a Master’s degree programme.
Information on applying for most eligible Master’s programmes listed above can be found at the UHM Graduate Division website. However, do not use this website for the field of Business. If you are seeking admission to a Master’s program in this area of study, use the Global MBA Business Programme. Application forms for this field must be obtained from the respective programme.
For more details, visit ADB website
December 1, 2022
Be the first to comment