Black Fashion World Scholarship Fund 2022/2023 for Fashion Entrepreneurs – The BFW Scholarship Fund provides an educational grant to African Americans who are limited financially and have displayed a compelling desire to pursue a career in the fashion industry, despite adverse situations they have encountered.
Black Fashion World Scholarship Fund for Fashion Entrepreneurs 2022 – Their challenges may have ranged from socio-economic setbacks including teen pregnancy; former incarceration; interrupted schooling; poverty and homelessness. According to datawheel.us in 2017 the student population at the Fashion Institute of Technology for Black or African Americans was 9.27%, as compared to 44.3% White, 18.8% Hispanic or Latino, and 11.2% Asian. Black Fashion World Foundation’s aim is to eradicate financial barriers that can hinder this demographic of creatives from obtaining the necessary education that is vital to their journey to fulfilling their fashion dreams.
Read Also: MIPLC / DAAD Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries
About Black Fashion World
Black Fashion World Foundation, Inc. is a Delaware 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All contributions are fully tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. BFW Foundation is serving an important role in society that will create an economic stimulus; unity in the black culture; investment in the welfare of others; a reduction in crime; and an overall improvement in the quality of life for “black fashion-preneurs” and the African American community as a whole.
Aim and Benefits of BFW Scholarship Fund
The scholarship provided is based on financial need.
Read Also: UK Chevening Masters Scholarship for Nigerians
Requirements for BFW Scholarship Fund Qualification
- Applicant must be an African American, Black, Pan African;
- High School seniors, students with GED diplomas, undergraduate (2 year or 4 year) college students, and students at vocational or trade schools;
- Career Changers may apply. Must not have an undergraduate degree;
- US citizen or Permanent Resident;
- 18 to 44 years of age;
- Minimum 2.0 GPA;
- Household income not exceeding $75,000 USD;
- Their proof of resilience in the face of adversity and a willingness to make positive contributions to their communities are necessary for consideration;
- Students must effectively communicate how they will serve the community upon completion of the program.
Interview date, Process and Venue for BFW Scholarship Fund
- Display of Leadership
- Community Service
- Socio-Economic Factors
- Quality of Essay and/or Video Message Submission
- Testimonials to Character
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Black Fashion World on form.jotform.com to apply
For more details, visit BFW website
Application Closing Date:
August 1, 2022
Be the first to comment