Chemonics International Recruitment. Below are the requirements and how to Apply for Contracts Manager at Chemonics International.
Chemonics International Recruitment
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting a highly motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contracts Manager
Reports to: The Risk Management and Contracts Director or designate
Chemonics International Recruitment
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Contracts Manager to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and maternal newborn and child health program. GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems-strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Contracts Manager will provide technical procurement services for the Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Program managing Target Local Procurement (TLP) and the Chemonics International, Inc. public health supply chain Field Office in Nigeria and support technical assistance to the National and State Governments, PEPFAR implementing partners, The Global Fund partners and other relevant stakeholders in the procurement of health products and services across HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Tuberculosis, Family Planning, and Maternal, New Born and Child Health Programs.
- These will be supported as part of the mandate of the Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project to develop the capacity of Government counterparts in procurement and contract management for health products and services.
- S/he in collaboration with the other Manager(s) and Advisor(s) will implement health product and service procurement to promote uninterrupted access to health service delivery.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Support the Risk Management and Contracts Director in the development of the overall strategic plan, implementation framework, and review of the Department’s goals and objectives to support the GHSC-PSM Project and Chemonics International, Inc.
- Provide support for the technical procurement and contracting of health products and services that will support the implementation of the GHSC-PSM Project Nigeria and Chemonics International, Inc. programs for uninterrupted access to health commodities at the service delivery points.
- Collaborate with Home Office Risk Management team in the development of RFP, RFQ, IQC-sub-awards, and TO for procurement services, with an emphasis on warehousing and 3PL distribution services.
- Reviews and approves request for information (RFI), request for proposal (RFP), request for quotation (RFQ) and Indefinite Quantity Subcontracts (IQS), Sub-Task Order awards, and Purchase Orders prepared by the Procurement Department, in accordance with designated authorities.
- Writes and reviews negotiation memos and the absence of competition memos in consultation with the procurement and technical teams.
- Develop, write, review and issue task orders (TO) to contracted service providers, including warehousing, 3PL distribution, and technical/operational/financial services, for smooth implementation of services in line with Chemonics and SAII policies.
- With input from technical and operational teams, prepare monthly funds forecast for review by the Risk Management and Contracts Director.
- Provides subcontract management training and support to technical teams.
- Supports in reviewing and submitting documentation requested as a result of internal and external financial audits and reviews.
- Provides guidance and input to technical teams so that technical decision-making aligns with the terms and conditions of vendor/supplier subcontracts.
- Demonstrates maturity, dependability, integrity, and initiative to learn competencies and skills required for the job assignment.
- Work with technical teams to ensure that technical procurement of goods and services are in line with USAID FAR/AIDAR regulations and Chemonics and SAII policies.
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors, such as our 3PLs and warehousing service providers, and perform relevant assessment and due diligence to ensure that technical procurement of goods and services are of the highest quality that meets US Government regulations.
- Support the development of appropriate sourcing and contracting strategies that will enable the project to obtain the best value for resources committed to project activities.
- Supervise and manage the Contracts Advisor(s) and Associate(s) assigned to promote smooth internal operations of the unit in line with the Chemonics operational manual.
- Supervise the regular update of HQ and FO-managed subcontracts trackers to ensure that all required information is completed and shows the correct position of each approved PAR received.
- Contributes positively to a work environment that emphasizes teamwork, respect for differences, and accepting and giving constructive feedback.
- Supervise, develop, and evaluate assigned staff. Ensures that staff receives regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and time/opportunity to grow and develop professionally.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Risk Management and Contracts Director as considered necessary to achieve success and which are consistent with the overall nature of the contract and work plan.
- A Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Operations, Public Health, Contracts and/or Project Management, Procurement, or a relevant degree is required.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in procurement of goods and services with International Non-Governmental organizations especially in the health sector preferred. USAID experience required.
- Excellent English writing skills; a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian public health sector environment is a plus.
- Proactive, with a positive problem-solving approach and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
- Fluency in English and effective communication skills are required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in developing and managing subcontracts subject to USAID rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing high-performing teams required.
- Experience engaging with local and international vendors on procurement of goods and services required.
How to Apply for Chemonics International Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th November, 2022.
Note: Chemonics is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices