DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited Recruitment. Apply Now for Principal Technical Safety Engineer at DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited. Below are the Requirements and how to apply.
DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited Recruitment
WorleyParsons has had a presence in Africa since the 1970’s when Parsons E&C established their offices in Cairo, Egypt. Since that time the company has continued to spread across the continent and in 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Limited. Over the past five years, WorleyParsons has executed more than 100 projects in over 15 countries. In 2003 a joint venture was established in Lagos, Nigeria to form DeltaAfrik Engineering Ltd. Worley Parsons has the skills and technologies to address all challenges, from small brownfield services contracts to mega greenfield projects. Our service capability covers the entire asset lifecycle: from identifying the opportunity to the operating phase.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Technical Safety Engineer
Job ID: LAG006D
Job: Safety and Risk
Job Level: Experienced
Employment Type: Direct Contractor
Reporting Manager Title: Ademola Akerele
- To provide risk safety and loss prevention services to the various Worley clients.
- Clients can be internal Worley business units or external clients.
- To be responsible to the performance of projects assigned to both in terms of technical capability and commercial performance of the project.
- To promote Worley Safety & Risk Management to clients to achieve follow-on work with existing clients and new work with prospective clients.
- Hazard and Risk Management.
- To identify the safety engineering scope of work from basis of design.
- To be able to determine and estimate norms to conduct the scope of work.
- To be able to raise a suite of project deliverables including procedures, design basis and execution plan & schedules of activities.
- Network and inter-discipline departments. Interface management with the client.
- Conduct HAZID workshops.
- Lead HAZOP workshops.
- Safety Review.
- Fire & Explosion Analysis.
- Loss Prevention related studies.
- Formal Safety Assessments.
- Safety Critical Element & Performance Standards.
- Safety Case.
- Reliability Studies, including FMEA and RAM.
- SIL Assessments.
Design Requirements for Safety Systems:
- Design Safety Reviews / Studies, Layout, EERA, ESSA, F&G, Dropped Object, Hazardous Area.
- Active Fire Protection Design (or knowledge of).
- Passive Fire Protection Design (or knowledge of).
- Ability to identify and raise suite of project procedures & deliverables.
- CTR Management & progress reporting, Estimation of work scopes & CTR.
- To Determine the Major Accident Hazard events and to apply a formalised approach of hazard management to identify and provide means of mitigation and reduction of such hazards.
- To take ownership of and provide direction to engineers through ability to prepare and author full suite of project safety deliverables.
- Manage a team of professional and technical people.
- Act as mentor to graduates, technicians and technical specialists.
- Liaise with the local community and other stakeholders on all consulting matters.
- Quality Assurance – Responsible for implementing the EMS V3.
- Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the BU, etc. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- One Way – demonstrate a commitment to the ONE WAY.
- Engineering-related B.Sc.
- 15 Years Minimum.
Main Purpose of Role
- To execute project work, either individually or as part of a team, covering a number of different areas of expertise within own discipline, provide technical leadership/guidance to others within the business and provide direct input to the commercial activities of the business.
- Be able to deliver small consultancy projects from prospect to completion or head small to medium sized engineering design assignment.
Key Result Areas
- Meet the requirements in terms of monitoring, reporting progress and successfully completing a task to the agreed budget and programme and to the right quality.
- Ensures that own work and that being supervised in being carried out in accordance with the company EMS.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with clients, as appropriate, to ensure that their needs are met.
- Provides a direct input to the business development and commercial activities of the business for work generally within own area of expertise.
- Technically supervise staff, as directed by the Team Leader, to ensure that they in turn complete their task to the agreed budget and programme and to the right quality.
- Maximise profitability of own work and that being supervised by ensuring that it is carried out efficiently and effectively and that it is right first time.
- Identifies, assesses and mitigates risks associated with own work and that being supervised, and reports to Team Leader, as necessary.
- Day to day problem solving is around technical issues
- Identifies and resolves technical problems encountered when executing own tasks and those being supervised, and knows when to consult with the Engineering groups.
- Assists the Engineering group in recommending pragmatic and innovative solution to client problems.
Planning, Organising and Control:
- Is able to breakdown tasks to subtasks and develop a budget and programme for these subtasks.
- Reports changes to the agreed scope of work to the Project Manager/Team Leader for a variation to be raised.
- Ensures that the corporate Enterprise Management Systems (EMS) and relevant procedures have been applied to own work or that being supervised.
- Plans own tasks/sub tasks and those under their supervision on a day to day basis.
- Continuously monitors progress against the plan and take appropriate actions to deal with any problems, cost overruns and delays, reporting as necessary.
- Needs to maintain an overview of won work and that being supervised in order to identify, assess risks and mitigate risks.
Communicating and Influencing:
- Ensures that Team Leader/Lead Engineer (where appropriate) is fully informed with respect to technical programme and cost issues.
- Effectively communicates progress and discusses technical requirements or queries with Team Leader/Lead Engineer.
- Maintains a constant dialogue with the client, if appropriate, to get feedback on performance, to understand issues and clarify requirements and to spot further business opportunities.
- Communicate effectively (written or verbal) with staff under day-to-day supervision.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 6th July 2022.