Egbin Power Plc Recruitment. We present in this article all you need know and how to apply form Senior Engineer (Boiler Maintenance) at Egbin Power Plc.
Egbin Power Plc Recruitment | Salary, Requirements
Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer (Boiler Maintenance)
Job Identification: 187
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out plant checks regularly to identify defects and carry out necessary repairs as applicable.
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work as per workloads.
- Coordinate daily maintenance activities.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical publications and providing technical expertise to the team.
- Delegate any maintenance issues to the right skills in the team as the need arises.
- Develop and actualise planned preventive maintenance (PPM) and shutdown repairs as the need arises.
- Perform Root cause analysis and resolve problems.
- Oversee all repairs and ensure that work is completed on time.
- Maintain all inventory and equipment and ensure proper storage and availability.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and practices in the work environment.
- Conduct follow-ups on all repair work.
- Conduct safety inspections as scheduled.
- Managing stocks of tools and equipment/budgeting.
- Establish strategies to meet workload demands on time.
- Supervise, mentor and train team members.
- Carry out any other job as may be assigned to you.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Postgraduate/relevant professional qualification
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience with at least three (3) years at a supervisory level.
Skills and Competencies:
- Experience and working exposure to maintenance of steam generators and auxiliaries.
- In-depth understanding of boiler Operations
- Knowledge of modern maintenance management practices and spare inventory management
- Effective communication and Reporting Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Sound technical troubleshooting skills
- Appreciable knowledge of safety requirements
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures with respect to maintenance of boiler and auxiliaries
- Sound knowledge of power generation processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st November, 2023.