EU-ECOWAS Scholarship Programme for Sustainable Energy 2023 – Applications for the EU-ECOWAS Scholarship program for sustainable Energy are now open. See below for all you need to know.
The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship program provides scholarships for masters’ degrees in the sustainable energy sector at specialized universities in West Africa (Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, and Togo) for the benefit of eligible students from ECOWAS member states involved in the energy sector.
EU-ECOWAS Scholarship Programme
The program aims to improve access to high-quality training in the sustainable energy sector in West Africa, enabling university graduates with a focus on young professionals (English, French, and Portuguese speaking) in the ECOWAS member states to acquire the profile required to meet the growing demand for specialists at the highest level in the field of sustainable energy and to promote good governance of the sector in the region.
The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship application form collects responses from applicants who are interested to complete a master’s program in the energy sector from shortlisted universities. The scholarship selection process will analyze the information collected through the application form against the following criteria:
- Be Nationals of a member state of ECOWAS or Mauritania and being resident in ECOWAS’ region or Mauritania
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division)
- Have undertaken studies with at least a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance, and planning as deemed by the entry requirements of the chosen university
- Work experience in the energy sector in West Africa will be an added advantage
- Hold (at least) provisional admission into an approved course of study at the time of scholarship approval
- The scholarship is open to working and non-working candidates. Working candidates must provide letter of release from their employer to complete the course for the duration of the program
- Commitment to publish at least 1 practice-oriented research before the end of the program
- Commitment to start internships within the course of study.
You may also like – Julius Berger Scholarship Portal 2022/2023 – Apply Here
Shortlisted Universities and available Master’s Degree Courses
You can only apply for relevant courses in Higher Education Institution(s) which are open to receive applications:
University of Ibadan:
- M.Sc. Energy Conversion Systems
- M.Phil. Energy Policy
- M.Sc. Electrical Power Systems
- M.Sc. Energy Economics
- M.Sc. Energy Finance
- M.Sc. Energy Technology and Management
- M.Sc. in Energy and Environment
- M.Sc. LL.M Energy Law
- M.Sc. Renewable Energy.
Ecole Polytechnique de Thiès:
- M.Sc. Inter-Universities Master in Renewable Energies (Master interuniversitaire en énergies renouvelables)
Université Cheikh Anta Diop de Dakar:
- M.Sc. 2 Photovoltaic Systems and Materials (Master 2 de physique et applications, spécialité énergie solaire, matériaux et systèmes)
Universidade de Cabo Verde:
- International Interuniversity Master’s program in Energy Decarbonization
The two types of scholarships available on the program are:
- Scholars are selected to complete their master’s program in higher education institutions located outside their country of residence.
- The scholarship will provide funding for tuition, subsistence, travel, research grant, insurance and visa.
- Scholars are selected to complete their master’s program in higher education institutions located in their country of residence.
- The scholarship will take care of scholars’ tuition and research grant.
- A small stipend to contribute towards travel and subsistence will also be provided.
- Scholarships award will be on a limited number of best qualifying people, to meet budget restrictions.
- Applicants should consider factors such as language, proximity, family, and opportunities for internship in their decision-making when selecting their most preferred scholarship category.
Scholarship Requirements for Validation :
- The application form will request all applicants to state their local language and any other languages they can speak fluently and may be asked to communicate with it during the interview and validation of documents.
- Other information to be collected through the application form include the applicant’s biodata, geographical location, education, work experience and commitments.
- Applicants selected will be required to complete a validation process by providing relevant documents to support the information given in the form.
- The inability to validate this information within the specified period will result in disqualification and replacement by candidates who are on the waiting list.
- Therefore, all applicants should prepare all relevant documents for validation immediately after their submission of their application.
Successful applicants must provide the following documents for validation:
- Identification cards such as an international passport or a national identity card
- Proof of residency in an ECOWAS country or Mauritania
- A copy of the provisional admission letter from a shortlisted university
- Academic transcripts or certificate obtained, and
- Any other documents to validate information provided in the application form.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to fill the application form
29th November 2022.
- Applicants should carefully read the information in the form description before proceeding to fill out the form.
- Applicants can change the language of the form (English, French or Portuguese) in the top right corner. Applicants are to submit only one form. Do not submit several forms in different languages.
- Applicants should ensure all information provided in the form are as accurate as possible.
- Applicants will need to attempt to answer all required questions to move forward with the application.
- Applicants will be allowed to select their preferred scholarship category in the application form.
- After selecting your preferred scholarship category, you will be asked to state why you deserve to be on the scholarship and justify your choice of scholarship category. Applicants are to provide this information within the number of words stated in the question. Failure to meet this requirement may nullify your response.
- Your response above will be considered along with the criteria to place successful applicants into each category, and you may be required to validate the information provided if necessary.
- Applicants who submit their application more than once on the application form will be disqualified.
- For more information, please contact: email@example.com
- Female candidates should apply. If more candidates match the selection criteria than there are places available, they will be ranked according to the results of their last year of study and professional experience.
- You can ONLY apply for relevant courses in Higher Education Institution(s) which are open to receive applications.