Federal Polytechnic of Oil & Gas, Bonny Recruitment for Principal Lecturer. Principal Lecturer is needed at the Federal Polytechnic of Oil & Gas, Bonny. See the requirements and how to apply Below.
Federal Polytechnic of Oil & Gas, Bonny Recruitment for Principal Lecturer
The Federal Polytechnic of Oil & Gas, Bonny is a federal funded, run and managed polytechnic by the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The institution is located in Rivers State, South South, Nigeria. The Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas aims to be recognized as a top institution in creating skilled manpower for the Oil and gas industry in Nigeria & Africa at Large.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Principal Lecturer
Qualifications and Experience
The qualified candidate for the position should:
- Have a relevant Master’s Degree plus at least 15 years teaching/research or industrial working experience.
- Have published a total of 5 Conferences/Seminar papers, 3 journal articles accepted for publication or contribution of 2 chapters in a standard text- book.
- Have four additional papers/articles published in reputable journals.
- Four meaningful chapters ‘contributions in standard textbook(s).
- Candidate must be registered with relevant professional body.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- Officers appointed on probation will be required to serve for two (2) years before being confirmed in the service.
- This period may however be reduced to not less than six months by deduction of any previous period of Civil Service rendered satisfactorily in posts of cognate status involving similar duties.
- Within his/her probationary period, an officer is required to pass the pre- scribed examination appropriate to his/her appointment.
- To be eligible for confirmation in the permanent Establishment, an officer appointed on probation is required to pass the prescribed examination,if any, during his/her probationary period and to complete his probationary period to the satisfaction of the authority empowered to appoint him.
- At the end of the period of probation the officer will, unless his probationary appointment is terminated or extended, be confirmed in his appointment.
How to Apply For Federal Polytechnic of Oil & Gas, Bonny Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should submit typed written copies of their Application Letters, Curriculum Vitae and attach photocopies of all relevant documents to their Application (Twenty Copies), giving the details in the following order:
- Full names(surname first and underlined)
- Date and place of birth State of Origin And Local Government Area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children.
- Current postal address including telephone number and email
- Educational institutions attended with dates.
- Previous employer(s)and post(s) held with date
- Present employment to include status, duties and any other relevant experience.
- Names and addresses of three(3) Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential Reports directly to the “Registrar, Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas, Bonny”. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claim to high academic and Managerial capabilities as well as to the candidate’s notable uprightness.
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelope marked “Application for the Post of Chief Lecturer” on the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
Federal Polytechnic of Oil and Gas,
Abalamabie Road, Bonny Island,
Note: Applicants will be required to produce Originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview as photocopies will not be accepted
Application Deadline 24th January, 2023.