Applications Are Now Open For The Flour Mills Of Nigeria Prize For Innovation 2023. Below are the requirements and how to apply for Flour Mills Of Nigeria Prize For Innovation.
Flour Mills Of Nigeria Prize For Innovation 2023
The Flour Mills of Nigeria (FMN) Prize for Innovation seeks to recognise innovative and creative approaches to achieving sustainability in Nigeria’s food value chain.
This year’s campaign aims to promote local content development in Nigeria’s food and agro-allied sectors in order to promote sustainable food production. Participants in this year’s competition will create unique solutions to promote a paradigm shift away from reliance on imported raw resources and toward strengthening local capacities to sustain local populations.
Flour Mills of Nigeria Prize for Innovation Categories
- Category 1: Registered Businesses (Micro, Small & Medium Scale Enterprise Owners)
- Category 2: Nigerian Students (Undergraduates & Post Graduates)
Category 1: Registered Businesses (Micro, Small & Medium Scale Enterprise Owners)
- Micro, Small, and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) that are registered in Nigeria and operate in the agro-processing and food production space.
- Your big idea and innovative solution should address a shift from dependence on raw materials import to prioritize local content usage in Nigeria’s food and agro-allied sector.
- Your idea should have a solid proof-of-concept, a social or commercial purpose, and a clear roadmap to scale.
Category 2: Nigerian Students (Undergraduate and postgraduate level)
- Your big idea and innovative solution must address a shift from dependence on raw materials import to prioritize local content usage in Nigeria’s food and agro-allied sector.
- Your idea has a solid proof-of-concept and a social or commercial purpose.
- Stand the chance of winning the star prize of N5 million.
Flour Mills of Nigeria Prize Evaluation Criteria
All entries will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Ingenuity of the ideas
- Social/commercial purpose of the idea
- Thoroughness of research
- Impact & Scalability
- Likelihood of the success of the enterprise
How to Apply for Flour Mills of Nigeria Prize
- Complete the form on or before January 5, 2023
- Upload a 60 seconds video and a short presentation on your Innovative techniques for local content development in the food and agro-allied sector
- Your presentation should clearly indicate how your idea will facilitate the use of local content within the Nigerian food value chain
- For Category 1 applicants, your entry must be accompanied by proof of registration.
- Participants are encouraged to post their entries on social media – Follow and tag @FMNGroup and get your friends to engage the post.