Gates Cambridge Scholarship in UK | Postgraduate Application 2024/2025. Below are the requirements and the application processes for Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship in UK
To be a beneficiary of this funding program you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section. Gates Cambridge has access to the full application for admission and funding when reviewing applications
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Cambridge University
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Cambridge University
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters and PhD)
Nationality: Non UK citizens
Requirement for Application
To be considered for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024/25, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Be applying to pursue one of the following courses at the University of Cambridge: PhD (full-time or part-time); MLitt (full-time); One year postgraduate course (full-time), with some exceptions
- Current student at Cambridge University who wish to apply for a new postgraduate course at the University.
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate.
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£20,000 for 12 months at the 2023-24 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars the award is for up to 4 years.
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
Applicants are to fill an online application and submit their application for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other funding) via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
The admission section:
In this section you are applying to a specific graduate course and a College place. You will provide all of the usual details about yourself, your academic background, plans and suitability for the proposed course.
The funding section:
In this section you can apply for a range of funding offered by the University and associated bodies, including the Gates Cambridge Scholarships, which has its own sub-section.
When applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you will be asked to provide the following:
- Statement: In the application form we ask: “In no more than 3000 characters (approximately 500 words) please explain why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you meet the four main criteria. Full details about how to apply, including selection criteria and guidance on completing this statement, can be found at: gatescambridge.org”
- Research proposal: Gates Cambridge requires PhD applicants only to submit a research proposal as part of their application for funding.
- Gates Cambridge reference: In addition to two academic references for admission, Gates Cambridge applicants submit a reference about their fit with the scholarship.
Application Deadline: October 11, 2023