Georgetown University’s Global Human Development Program (GHD) for students from sub-Saharan Africa 2023 – Applications are invited from all interested persons. See below for all you need to know.
The Global Human Development Program (GHD) at Georgetown University’s Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service is excited to announce at least one full-tuition scholarship and several partial scholarships for GHD students from sub-Saharan Africa, made possible through the generous support of the Amre and Caroline Heinz-Youness Family and the William and Catherine McGurn Family.
READ ALSO – EU-ECOWAS Scholarship Programme for Sustainable Energy 2023
GHD for students from sub-Saharan Africa
Applicants to the Global Human Development Program should meet the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Completion of courses in introductory macro- and microeconomics and statistics, with a grade of B or better (or the equivalent, if a different grading system is used). Students must complete these requirements prior to enrolling in the program, and, given that we evaluate applications holistically, applicants who have not yet completed the required courses are not at a disadvantage during the admissions process. This requirement is intended to give students the quantitative foundation that they need prior to their first semester in the GHD program. If applicants did not earn a B or better in one of the prerequisite courses, or if they took the courses more than two years ago, they may be advised to take less formal refresher courses prior to starting the program.
- Ability to function effectively in English and one other language (students must pass an oral proficiency exam before graduation, so ideally they will have a reasonable command of one foreign language before entering the program).
- At least 1-2 years of full-time work experience post-undergraduate degree is strongly recommended.
- Experience living, studying, and working outside of the United States is strongly recommended.
SEE ALSO – British Council Study UK GREAT Scholarships 2023/2024 for Postgraduate Study in the United Kingdom (Funded)
GHD is pleased to offer merit-based scholarships to international students from the following regions:
- At least one full-tuition scholarship and several partial scholarships for GHD students from sub-Saharan Africa, made possible through the generous support of the Amre and Caroline Heinz-Youness Family and the William and Catherine McGurn Family.
- The Father Bienvenido Nebres, S.J. Scholarship covering full tuition and a partial stipend for a GHD student from the Philippines; A partial tuition scholarship for a GHD student from Asia.
- The Beeck Latin America Endowed Scholarship: for a GHD student from Latin America covering 50% of tuition; A partial tuition scholarship for a GHD student from the Middle East.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE – Mastercard Foundation AfOx Scholarship Programme 2023 (University of Oxford, UK)
To be considered for the scholarships, applicants must submit all required application materials:
- Online application
- Personal statement
- Supplemental data sheet
- Official transcripts and test scores (GREs and TOEFL/IELTS)
- Three letters of recommendation
The scholarships will be awarded based on the overall strength of the application.
January 15, 2023
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Georgetown University’s Global Human Development Program (GHD)
Be the first to comment