Heifer International Recruitment | Salary, Positions & How to Apply. Apply Now for Global People Engagement Director at Heifer International. Below are the application processes.
Heifer International Recruitment | Salary, Positions
Heifer International is an international development organization dedicated to improving food security and income opportunities for rural families while promoting sound stewardship of natural resources. As a private, non-governmental organization based in Little Rock, Arkansas, Heifer has created lasting change for farming households in over 125 countries across Latin America, Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe for over 70 years.
Heifer International does so much more than put food in the mouths of hungry people. Heifer helps people feed themselves. The goal of every Heifer project is sustainability – project partners achieving self-reliance. And year after year, as partner families Pass on the Gift of knowledge and one or more of their animals’ offspring to others in need, they become links in a network of hope, dignity and self-reliance that helps hundreds of others care for themselves.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global People Engagement Director
Job ID 1012
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: Human Resources
- We are looking for an experienced Global People Engagement Director (GPED) who will pattern with different stakeholders to influence the direction of people engagement, culture, values, and HR Digital Strategy to ensure that every staff member thrives and feels well-supported in their work and in advancing the organization’s impactful mission.
- This role at this stage doesn’t have many direct reports as it is expected to achieve its goal through collaboration with the different stakeholders in the design of Employee Engagement initiatives rather than driving the day-to day operation itself.
- This is an opportunity for seasoned systems thinker and people-first leader to create practices and environments that support individuals and teams in doing their best work in service to Heifer’s mission and purpose.
- You will be joining Heifer International during an exciting time of change and will play a pivotal role in engaging and influencing stakeholders to support positive cultural change.
- You will sit on the People department’s Senior Management Team and report to our Chief People Officer.
- Remote, Hybrid, or Office-based. Global candidates based in countries where Heifer has an established office are encouraged to apply.
- This position will have occasional travel with maximum eight weeks per year for conferences, retreats, and/or meetings. Travel may include US domestic and international trips.
- As the GPED, you will spearhead the design and development of our employee engagement Center of Expertise that set priorities for improvements to people processes aligned to ongoing strategic imperatives.
- You will provide both strategic and hands-on frontline leadership in building an organizational practice that centers on the engagement and experience of Heifer staff.
- Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Global People Engagement Director (GPED) is a key member of Heifer’s Global People Department and will work with Heifer’s Leadership and Global People Team to drive Global People Strategy in support of Heifer’s Transformation and Sustainable Locally Led Development.
- The Global People Engagement Director will offer high-level technical support to People Teams globally on matters and initiatives related to Employee Engagement.
- Using collaboration, the Director will also develop and rollout frameworks to promote organizational culture, DEI&B programs, Compliance/Assurance, People Manuals and Policies, PD (People Department) Global Digital Systems/HRIS, communication and employees’ experience, and will be the focal point for organizational policies globally.
- The position will have one or two direct reports at this stage, and is expected to use collaboration and influence rather than engaging in day-to-day operations.
- As the Global People Engagement Director, you will ensure high-quality support and value-add experiences for all Heifer International stakeholders and, as a result, elevate the skills, mindsets, and practices of Heifer’s leaders and managers.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
You will lead the following areas:
Engagement, Culture Transformation, & DEI&B:
- As a member of the People Department Council, the GPED will participate in defining the strategic direction of the People Department and align it with the Organizational transformation and strategic priorities.
- Collaborate with Global stakeholders to develop a strategic and proactive approach to Employee Engagement, which includes identifying trends, developing solutions, and leading training to minimize risk across the organization.
- Collaborate with DEI&B Initiative and other stakeholders to drive the Global DEI&B Initiative relevant to over twenty countries and communities while setting Global DEI&B standards and success indicators.
- Highlight and advocate for initiatives and behaviors that promote inclusive and psychologically safe environments for staff at all levels.
- Mobilize internal resources, develop processes, and leverage cross-functional leadership to ensure that DEI&B work is linked to all corners of our global organization.
- Partner with an external DEI&B consultant to assess organizational systems and develop cross-functional DEI&B roadmap.
- Support the CPO (Chief People Officer), People Department Leaders, and Global Stakeholders in driving organizational culture and values that support transformation towards Sustainable Locally Led Development.
- Provide Technical Support on areas related to Employee Engagement, Culture/Cornerstones, Workplace Investigations, performance management, policies, and internal communications to Heifer Leaders and Global People Teams.
- Design and launch engagement surveys and pulse surveys in partnership with our vendor then work with stakeholders to translate the survey results into positive change.
- Lead action planning based on survey results and partner with senior leaders to create accountability framework that promotes voice, responds to areas of development, and promotes areas of strength.
- Employee Relations and Investigations
- Work with Stakeholders to design global Employee Engagement/Relations frameworks and/or collaborate with Regional People Directors and Country People Teams in designing Employee Engagement/Relations solutions relevant to their context.
- When necessary, support regions to oversee and conduct complex and sensitive workplace reviews/investigations in collaboration with Risk Management & Assurance Unit to determine findings and recommendations for resolution.
Policy, Compliance, and Risk Management:
- Advise on internal communications at a global level, craft and communicate global employment policies, manuals, and procedures to ensure alignment to key expectations and job requirements, and consistent understanding and acknowledgment of these policies across the organization.
- Oversee the integrity, communication, and annual review of Heifer International People policies for staff.
- Train and partner with Regional People Directors to implement key HR policies with consistency and integrity, and they will liaise with country HR managers to ensure a strong knowledge base, support, and consistency across the people experience.
- Work with the four global teams in the U.S., Americas, Africa, and Asia to ensure HR compliance across the organization. Collaborate with global People Team to conduct self-audits and guide corrective actions.
- Ensure that Heifer staff members are treated fairly regarding performance management, performance development, and termination practices, and that Heifer International has quality and accessible resources and tools for managers.
- Act as the People Department representative on Safeguarding and Child Protection matters. (Training will be provided if you do not have Safeguarding experience.)
- Develop and ensure compliance with Data Protection laws and policies globally.
- Partner with Legal Department to address labor issues, proactively manage employment-related labor risks and advise/coach management on achieving the same.
- Co-lead Heifer’s ongoing strategy related to COVID-19 policies and support, including statuses for office access.
HR Technology Systems:
- Collaborate with People Department Functional Leads to introduce relevant and user-friendly Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- In collaboration with the Enterprise Management Team, lead efforts to support staff and country teams for HR System needs and training.
- As a present and supportive People Manager, you will create a collaborative, team-based, and inclusive environment where your team members are engaged, feel a strong sense of belonging and psychological safety, and are equipped with the tools and resources to do their best work.
Who You Are
- As someone leading the charge in caring for our people’s experience, you are truly people first and believe that people are an organization’s greatest asset.
- You are a highly collaborative leader who is experienced in and comfortable navigating difficult or sensitive topics and conversations; skilled in managing through ambiguity, growth, and change; and will lead with transparency, clarity, and compassion.
- You must demonstrate a deep and personal commitment to this critical work and should bring a proven record of leadership in building equity-focused teams and organizational culture.
- You will at many times act as a “player-coach,” directly supporting leaders and staff in frontline work, and coaching your team and others to do the same.
- You empower others through empathy and listening deeply and possess fluency and a deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, and a strong willingness to continue your own development and learning in these areas.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Strategic HR Professional with strong collaboration and coaching skills within a global, cross-cultural context.
- A minimum of 10 years of People/HR experience in Global Human Resources with a minimum of five (5) years at a Leadership position. preferably within the International Nong-Government (INGO) sector.
- A deeply collaborative approach and a “possibilities” mindset; able to overcome adversity and persist in the face of ambiguity and an ability to inspire that mindset in others.
- Wisdom, curiosity, empathy, and high emotional intelligence.
- Experience on the leadership team of a diverse, complex organization with a distributed leadership model, networked structure, and multiple stakeholders is a plus.
- Global HR experience is a strong plus.
- Have demonstrated success developing and implementing complex, cross functional, and organization-wide strategies for employee engagement and support and strengthening culture.
- Lead with the why and have experience managing successful organizational change or transformational initiatives with empathy, inclusion, and decisiveness.
- Love thinking big and can also execute and assess minute details to deliver results.
- Have strong consultative skills including a healthy mix of critical thinking and creative problem solving.
- Seek out learning and knowledge-gaining opportunities in progressive People/HR spaces.
- Lead with empathy, a low ego, and a growth and learning mindset.
- Excellent judgment in managing confidential and sensitive information and situations.
- Ability to leverage strong data analysis skills to build capacity and achieve greater efficiencies.
Top Challenges to Overcome
This is what you should know about the environment you’ll be stepping into and things to keep in mind:
- Working across multiple time zones and different sets of cultures.
- Navigating working in a changing and fast-paced environment, while maintaining strong prioritization skills.
- Helping stakeholders to understand what People, Culture, and DEI&B priorities are while incorporating their specific needs into the planning process.
- Leveraging a small but mighty and lean team, reaching for ambitious goals while balancing reality of capacity while being under pressure to bite off more than you can chew.
- The expected base salary range for this role is determined based on the candidate’s country’s location.
What we Offer
- Heifer International offers a variety of benefits for U.S. based employees working 30 or more hours per week
- Employer-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Professional development and annual merit increase opportunities
- Optional critical illness insurance, legal assistance plan and pet protection
- And more!
- Health and wellness benefits including Flexible Spending Account and/or Health Saving Account
- Employee assistance program
- 403(b) retirement plan (match 1% employee to 2% employer up to a maximum of 4% match +3% employer discretionary contribution regardless of employee contribution)
- 22 vacation days in addition to 12 statutory and discretionary holidays, and 10 sick days per year
How to Apply for
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply