How to Apply for Canada Study Visa 2023 | Full Details & Procedures. In this article we shall walk you through all the procedures and requirements for applying for Canada Study Visa.
How to Apply for Canada Study Visa 2023 | Full Details & Procedures
The first step is to get a Canada Study Visa application package, either from the CIC website or by contacting your local visa office, or the Canadian embassy or consulate. In order to get your application package, you’ll need to answer a few questions about yourself on the CIC website. To aid your application processes, you will need;
- Proof of Acceptance by a DLI
You must have a valid acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (DLI). Meaning you must first obtain a standardized letter of acceptance from a recognized higher education provider. Students studying in Quebec must also apply for a certificate of acceptance, known as a CAQ, from the government of Quebec.
- Valid Passport
You must have a valid proof of identity, which includes your international passport as well as two passport-size photos. You also must present valid proof of identity for every single person accompanying the family, including recent passport size photos, their names, and date of birth.
- Proof of Funds
Proof of financial support, to which you must prove that you can support yourself and all your family members (if applicable) while in Canada. This would include your bank account details with a Canadian bank, bank account details for the past four months, and proof of loan details secured from a financial institution as a student, among others.
- Statement of Purpose
Letter of explanation, with details about why you are applying for a study permit, even though you may not need one. Having a study permit also gives you the freedom to work part-time on campus as a full-time student. At the same time, if you wish to continue studying in Canada, you can apply to renew the permit while living in Canada. You don’t have to leave the country to get it renewed.
- Immigration Medical Examination
You may need a medical exam if you want to come to Canada. This is to make sure you’re not inadmissible for medical reasons. If you plan to stay for 6 months or less you generally don’t need a medical exam unless you plan to work in certain jobs.
Those points should be clear enough, but you might also want to take a look at a more comprehensive Canadian Visa Application Guide for clearer insights.
Additionally, Note That;
- You may also need to get a temporary resident visa or an electoral travel authorization (ETA), which allows access to the country as a student.
- You can apply for a student visa either offline on paper or submit an online application on the official citizen and immigration Canada (CIC) website. A letter of introduction, along with all the necessary documents is needed to be carried to Canada.
Fees for Canada Study Visa
- As proof of financial support, you will need to prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family in Canada.
- Applying for a study permit in Canada will cost you CAD150.
- The minimum amount you would need to study in Canada is $10,000 (Plus tuition fees for a 12-month period outside Quebec, and $11,000 plus tuition for the same period in Quebec, for a single student).
- This amount will increase with the addition of each additional family member.