How to Apply for West African Examinations Council (WAEC) GCE Registration 2023 – Registration has commenced. See below for all you need to know to successfully apply for the 2023 WAEC GCE.
How to Apply for WAEC GCE Registration
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Eighteen Thousand Naira (N18,000) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecobank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nig
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Jaiz Bank
- Polaris Bank Ltd
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
Also, candidates will be required to pay a Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
WAEC GCE Registration Requirements
After obtaining the Registration PIN, candidates should log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/ for registration.
NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (NIN):
- Each Candidate is expected to have a National Identification Number for the Registration exercise.
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS:
- Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must clearly state their Impairments e.g Visual, Low vision, Spastic, Speech, Hard to hear, etc
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION:
- Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct. They are also to print the Admission Notice, as Evidence of successful registration, which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Admission Notice. The acceptable fingerprint Scanner is UareU digitalPersona fingerprint device.
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination
- Candidates should note that the registration fee is not refundable
- Candidates should continue to check the website for the examination Timetable
- Entries must be uploaded with passport photographs captured with a digital camera. The specification of the digital camera should be Microsoft HD 3000. The passport photographs must be of good quality BLACK & WHITE OR COLOUR (JPEG File only, 275 by 314 pixels with 72 dbi resolution) and with a CONTRASTING BACKGROUND. There must be no obstructive items. Please note that the submission of a defaced or poor quality photography by a candidate would automatically invalidate the entry of the candidate. For further details, visit www.waecnigeria.org
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses for the examination which they can download from WAEC website (www.waeconline.org.ng) using the Registration PIN
WAEC GCE Registration Requirements
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms.
- The entire result of candidates who sit for the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled -Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall
- Any Candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or any other electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Admission Notice
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled but may be prosecuted
- Candidates must ensure they provide valid email and telephone number(s) during registration
- All Candidates b be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations