2023 Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme for Study in Ireland – Are you interested in studying abroad? Are you looking for opportunities to further your education in Ireland? Here is the golden opportunity you’ve been waiting for. See details below.
It may interest you to know that the government of Ireland has advertised another postgraduate scholarship for all interested and qualified students. This is an opportunity for students who wish to further their education abroad. Kindly check below for the requirements and application deadline.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme
This is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science, and managed by the Council.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is distinct from other funding options for postgraduate study in Ireland and works in conjunction with them.
Its characteristics include:
- Individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- An objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- Funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology; and
- Awards for bottom-up, non-directed research, with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners.
How Do I Get a Government Scholarship in Ireland?
Below are the criteria for application.
- There is no age limit for applicants to be eligible for either program type.
- All applicants must be affiliated with an eligible Irish higher education institution or research-performing organization.
- Applications will only be accepted in either the Irish or English language
- Applicants must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the relevant program, including strategic partner themes. This applies regardless of whether the applicant has changed their host institution or research topic since a previous submission.
Degree type Duration of funding to be awarded
- Research master’s degree 1 year
- Structured research master’s degree 2 years
- Traditional doctoral degree 3 years
- Structured doctoral degree 4 years
- A stipend of €18,500 per annum;
- A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum; and
- Eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
|Call open||16:00 (Irish time) 8 September 2022|
|FAQ deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 13 October 2022|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 20 October 2022|
|Supervisor deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 27 October 2022|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 3 November 2022|
|Call outcome||End of March 2023|
|Award start date||1 September 2023|
How Do I Apply for the 2022 Scholarship in Ireland?
- The applicants have to apply online through the online application portal.
- The applicants first need an account on the official website.
- The applicants are required to fill in all the required fields.
- The supporting documents should be uploaded.
For More Information: