Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2023 For Nigerian Students | N450,000 In Cash Prizes. See below the requirements and how to participate in the competition.
Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition 2023
The Asido Foundation (AF) is a not-for-profit charitable organization that seeks to counter the ocean of ignorance around mental health by providing evidence-based information and engaging in advocacy and intervention activities aimed at improving the mental health needs of the Nigerian population.
Undergraduate students in tertiary institutions in Nigeria are invited to submit essays on the topic: Mainstreaming Mental Health in Nigeria: Barriers and Opportunities.
Ms Jemila Abubakar was the pioneer Project Manager of the Asido Foundation. She was an awesome treasure to have. In terms of commitment, creativity, passion, a strong desire to help other human beings. Sadly, they lost her after a brief illness in July 2020. The Asido Foundation plans to keep her memory alive through an Annual Essay Competition for undergraduates of all Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria. The theme will always be on a topical mental health issue.
Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition Eligibility
- Must be an undergraduate of any tertiary institution in Nigeria
- Must be able to provide evidence of studentship.
- Must sign the Asido foundation’s unashamed pledge (asidofoundation.com/unashamed)
Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition Prizes and Benefits
- 1st Place — N200,000
- 2nd Place — N150,000
- 3rd Place — N100,000
Winners will be announced on the 19th of January, 2023, and the top 15 will be awarded a certificate and also enrolled as JAME 2023 Fellowship Mentees.
At the end of the competition, participants will:
- Have improved knowledge of mental health.
- Be encouraged to become mental health advocates.
- Gain more knowledge in essay writing.
How to Enter the Competition
- The essay word count should range from a minimum of 750 to a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Entry is to be sent ONLY in word document format to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kindly attach a scanned copy of a recent passport photograph, evidence of studentship and your certificate of the signed unashamed pledge.
- The body of the email should contain the following details: Full name, email address, phone number, name of institution, department and course of study, and level of study.
For more enquiries: email@example.com, 08180777458.