Jigawa State Polytechnic (JIGPOLY) Courses and Admission Requirements [Updated] – The management of JIGPOLY has officially published the list of accredited courses available in the institution of learning. Kindly check below for all you need to know.Jigawa State Polytechnic admission requirements for all prospective students shouldn’t be taken for granted, as this would play a decisive role in determining candidates admission.
The Jigawa State Polytechnic, Dutse is a state government higher education institution located in Dutse, Jigawa State, Nigeria. The current Rector is Aliyu Abdu Ibrahim.
JIGPOLY Courses – Updated
It may interest you to know that the institution offers the following courses;
- Environmental Health
- Public Administration
- Electrical and Electronics
- Computer Science
- Business Administration
- Quantity Surveying
- Building Technology
- Urban and Regional Planning
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE – JAMB Subject Combination For Agricultural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Welding and Fabrication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Estate Management
Jigawa State Polytechnic Admission Requirements
Admission Requirements for UTME Candidates:
- Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s).
- Candidates must score up to the school’s entrance score in JAMB UTME examination.
Admission Requirements For DE Candidates (Diploma, ND and HND)
- WAEC & NECO (‘O’ Level) Requirements: DE (Direct Entry) candidates are not so different from UTME, all that is needed is that candidate must obtain a minimum of Credit pass which must include English Language and Mathematics plus any other 3 subjects as it relates to your choice of course just like the UTME requirements or must possess GCE A/L as this would be an added advantage.
- DE Candidate seeking admission into Jigawa State Polytechnic must have a minimum of Upper Credit in their ND or HND. Lower credit candidates should forget it because they will not be admitted. In addition, candidates with Distinction have better chances than the others.
- Often times DE candidates are also required to participate in the post UTME especially when coming from another institution like the polytechnics or colleges of education.