Lafarge Africa Plc Job Recruitment | Salary, Positions. Apply Now for Reporting Accountant at Lafarge Africa Plc. Check out the requirements and the application Process below.
Lafarge Africa Plc Job Recruitment | Salary, Positions
Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reporting Accountant
Location: Opebi, Lagos
Emloyment Type: Full Time
- The Reporting Accountant is responsible for the application of International accounting & reporting standards, ensuring correct treatment of technical and complex accounting transactions, including but not limited to Lease Accounting, Fixed Asset Accounting, Financial Instruments valuation, Merger & Acquisition, Restructuring/Re-organization, Divestment and Investment Portfolio Management.
- Working with the Reporting & Consolidation Manager is the incumbent is also responsible for the preparation of Group Wide Consolidated Monthly, Quarterly & Annual Financial reports and report same to the Board of Directors, Group Parent, Statutory Regulators and Shareholders under applicable standards in adherence to Holcim Accounting and Reporting Principles manual (HARP).
- Functional scope: Accounting, Reporting and Consolidation
- Geographical scope: All country product lines and sites.
Financial Reporting Functions:
- Perform consolidation of the parent and subsidiaries financial statements in order to produce internal and external group financial reports using SAP Financial Consolidation Application.
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements of the business and report same to Group management, Country management, the board and statutory regulators (Security and Exchange Commission, Nigeria Exchange Limited, Financial Reporting Council).
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly board papers with interpretation of financial statements to the Management and Board of director’s committee.
- Responsible for accurate usage of charts of accounts in the general ledger and financial statements.
- Prepare Quarter Closing Option Memo
- Provide recommendation for proper classification and booking of non-recurring but significant transactions
- Provide and/organise training for new employee in the accounting and reporting unit.
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
- Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements,
- Participate in other reporting projects/ assignments as required.
Lease & Trucking Accounting Functions:
- Provide accounting support service to logistics unit in the treatment of bulk tanker and other trucking arrangements
- Ensuring that the lease database held in SAP Real Estate Management Module is correct and complete
- Make changes in the lease database to reflect the correct accounting for lease changes and validate the impact of these changes reported by the service providers
- Monthly reconciliations of the General ledger and roll-forward of Right of Use and Finance Liability accounts
- Assist in the preparation and submission of leases group reporting forms per IFRS 16 to Country and Group Management for Lease recognition approval.
- Providing the appropriate information required by the Financial Planning and Performance Analysis (FPP&A) team for operating free cash flow and financial performance projection.
- Coordinate and provide information to all internal and external auditors for leases.
Technical Accounting Functions:
- Perform regular review of goodwill and intangible impairment including year-end test for impairment
- Ensure that all financial instruments are accurately valued and recorded, this includes recognition, measurement, impairment testing & derecognition of financial instruments.
- Providing detail support to the external auditors and other consultants
- Manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Assist in the preparing segment analysis to ensure compliance with requirements regarding consistency between internal and external reporting of reportable operating segments
- Prepare/review timely, high quality technical accounting memos on all key technical accounting matters for submission to the local management, Group management & independent auditor.
Policies and Procedures
- Manage all changes in accounting policies received from the Group as well as from the Country.
- Optimize procedures and keep them up-to-date.
On Skills & Talent Management:
- Operate safely at all times; challenge unsafe acts; actively seek out ways of promoting a safe working environment.
- Provide guidance, work leadership, direction and advice to the team.
- Evaluate the performance of his/her team and take corrective actions.
- Coach his/her team providing continuous feedback.
- Identify training needs and development plans.
- List of Direct Reports:
- Junior Reporting Accountant- Treasury.
Key Interfaces, Stakeholders and Relationships:
Internal to the Country Shared Services:
- Master Data
- General Ledger team
- Account Receivable and Credit Management
- Account Payable team
- Treasury Operations.
External to the Country Shared Services:
- Country legal department
- Procurement department
- Logistics department
- Industrial department
- Security department
- Sustainability department
- Other Country Shared Services counterparts and Related parties
External to the Group:
- External auditors
- Local tax authorities
- Financial services providers, KPMG, Deloitte, PWC, Ernst and Young etc
Level of Education / Qualifications normally required:
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting / Social Sciences
- ACA / ACCA (Compulsory).
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Good knowledge of an ERP environment – ideally SAP
Practical knowledge of IAS, IFRS:
- Internal controls
- Advance MS-Excel Knowledge
- Practical understanding of LHARP.
- Effective communication skills with people at all levels of the business
- Decisive under pressure considering the criticality and urgency of decisions
- Good analytical skills to identify roots causes of issues.
- 5 years in an Accounting related function
- Audit firm experience.
Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- Strong Leadership potential
- Personal and intra-personal communication skills
- Good integrity and ethics; trustworthiness
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Relatively Mobile.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply