National Examinations Council (NECO) Timetable 2023/2024 June/July SSCE Internal Exam is Out – The National Examinations Council has officially released the timetable for the 2023 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE). The exams are scheduled to hold between Monday, July 3rd, and Friday, August 11th, 2023. See below for details.
NECO Examination Date
The SSCE internal examinations are designed for students in their third and final year of senior secondary education. This annual examination assesses students’ academic abilities and helps to determine their eligibility for tertiary education. The exams cover a wide range of subjects, including core subjects such as Mathematics and English, as well as elective subjects based on students’ areas of interest.
When will NECO 2023/2024 Examination commences?
The NECO 2023 Timetable states that the examination is set to commence on July 3 and conclude on August 11, 2023.
The NECO SSCE timetable for 2023 is provided below. Additionally, you can find the PDF version of the NECO Timetable at the end of this article.
Below is the detailed NECO SSCE timetable for 2023. Please note that this timetable is subject to change, so it’s essential to stay updated on any alterations made by the National Examinations Council.
NOTE: IT IS ADVISABLE TO MAKE REFERENCES WITH THE PDF VERSION OF THE 2023 NECO TIMETABLE.
What you must know about NECO 2023/2024
Schools and candidates should be aware of the following key points:
- Adhere to the time on the question paper if it differs from the timetable.
- Confirm examination venues for Physical Education, Auto Mechanics, French, Music, and Arabic from NECO State Offices.
- Practical exams in certain subjects may be conducted in sets when equipment is limited.
- Provide Visual Arts Paper IV to candidates at least one week before the exam date.
- Distribute Welding & Fabrication and Engineering Craft Practice materials at least three weeks before the exam date.
- Give Dyeing and Bleaching, Photography, Painting and Decoration, Printing Craft Practice, and Leather Goods materials at least two weeks before the exam date.
- Nigerian languages include a literature aspect.
- Allow albinos and blind candidates an additional 30 minutes for each subject.
- Blind candidates must use the NECO-supplied OBR customized braille sheet.
- The use of scientific calculators is permitted.
- Electronic communication gadgets are strictly prohibited in the examination hall.
- Candidates must sit for practical exams (Paper 1) to receive a result in the subject.
Tips for Exam Success:
- Start preparing early: Give yourself enough time to study and revise all the subjects you’ll be tested on. Cramming is not an effective strategy for retaining information.
- Create a study schedule: Design a study plan that includes all the subjects you need to cover, and allocate sufficient time for each subject based on your strengths and weaknesses.
- Use past questions: Practice with past examination questions to familiarize yourself with the exam format, question types, and marking scheme.
- Join a study group: Collaborate with classmates or friends who are also preparing for the exams. A study group can help you stay motivated and offer different perspectives on challenging topics.
- Take breaks and maintain a healthy lifestyle: Ensure you get enough sleep, eat well, and exercise regularly. This will help keep your mind and body in optimal condition for the exams.