Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships. Applications Are Now Open For The 2023/2024 Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS). Here are the requirements and How to apply.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2023/2024
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) provide a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree for two years in a low- or middle-income Commonwealth country.
The scholarships, which are aimed at students committed to making a difference in their communities, are a life-changing opportunity to go to a new nation and culture, broaden perspectives, and develop a worldwide network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Partner Institutions
- 🇧🇩 University of Dhaka
- 🇸🇿 University Of Eswatini
- 🇬🇭 Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- 🇯🇲 The University of the West Indies, Mona
- 🇧🇧 The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus
- 🇹🇹 UWI St. Augustine
- 🇲🇾 Universiti Putra Malaysia and Universiti Malaya
- 🇲🇺 University of Mauritius
- 🇵🇰 COMSATS University Islamabad
- 🇹🇿 State University of Zanzibar
- 🇺🇬 Makerere University
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Eligibility
- Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship.
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- You must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application. As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate.
- The QECS awards are only hosted by low and middle-income countries. Therefore these awards will not be hosted in Canada, the UK or Australia.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Benefits
Award recipients receive:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Selection Criteria
The selection committee assesses applications using four key criteria:
- Academic history/references
- Plan of Study
- Development Impact and Post-Study Outreach
- Creating Networks
For an application to be considered for selection, applicants must ensure that:
- Their personal statement is written clearly so that a non-specialist can understand what the aims of the research are and how they will be implemented.
- They clearly outline why they are applying to the courses and institutions listed on their application form. You must tailor these answers to each institution – if you write the same answer for each course/institution or copy and paste text from university websites, then your application will not be considered.
- They meet all the eligibility requirements for their chosen university course, including having the necessary work experience.
- Two referees are identified, and references are provided– references should be detailed and include the content outlined on the application form.
- Include full details about marks/grades gained for degrees. Applicants are strongly encouraged to ensure that full supporting documentation is provided at the time of application, in the form of an official transcript.
How to Apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
Before submitting an application, review the available courses and entry requirements – in addition to the application guidance. Select a course that is offered at the university you select at the start of the form for your application to be counted.
To apply for a Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship, you must first create a MyACU account. This will enable you to save a draft application and to log back in to see the status of your application once it is submitted.