Rhodes Scholarship 2024 | Applications Ongoing Now. Rhode Scholarship is open for Talented Young Scholars. Below are the requirements and how to apply below.
Rhodes Scholarship 2024 | Applications Ongoing
Applications for the 2024 Rhodes Scholarship are now open! This fully funded, full-time, postgraduate award enables talented young individuals from around the globe to pursue their studies at the University of Oxford. With a reputation for fostering generations of successful individuals, the Rhodes Scholarship offers an enriching experience and a stepping stone towards a promising future.
The Rhodes Scholarship is a life-altering opportunity to join a diverse community of extraordinary young minds from around the world. Rhodes Scholars can apply to study most full-time postgraduate courses offered by the University of Oxford for two or more years, adding a distinct dimension to their academic and personal growth.
A Rhodes Scholarship covers a wide array of expenses, including:
- Oxford University course fees
- University application fee
- An annual living stipend of £18,180
- Student visa fee and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS)
- Two economy class flights – to and from the UK – at the beginning and end of studies in Oxford
- On arrival in Oxford, Scholars receive a settling in allowance
- Assistance to cover the fee for visa renewal and further application for IHS for those transitioning to a second course of study in Oxford
Who is Eligible?
The Rhodes Trust welcomes applications from young, talented individuals of diverse backgrounds. The broad eligibility criteria are listed in the Information for Candidates document specific to your country/region. The detailed eligibility criteria slightly vary depending on the constituency you are applying for.
A Rhodes Scholarship is awarded without regard to gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, social background, caste, or disability.
Eligible Countries and Deadlines
The Rhodes constituencies, i.e., countries or regions grouped together for the purpose of administering scholarships, and the number of scholarships available for each vary. Deadlines also differ by country. For the full list of eligible countries and their respective deadlines, please refer to the official Rhodes Scholarship website.
The selection of Rhodes Scholars is based on the same principles that guided the selection of the first Rhodes Scholars in 1902:
- Literary and scholastic attainments (academic excellence)
- Energy to use one’s talents to the full (as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved)
- Truth, courage, devotion to duty, sympathy for and protection of the weak, kindliness, unselfishness and fellowship
- Moral force of character and instincts to lead, and to take an interest in one’s fellow beings
How to Apply for Rhodes Scholarship
Interested candidates should carefully read the detailed Information for Candidates specific to their country/region. Check the opening and closing dates of the application for your country/region and apply here.
For more information, visit the official Rhodes Scholarship website.
Don’t miss this unique chance to further your academic journey at one of the world’s most prestigious institutions. Apply today for the 2024 Rhodes Scholarship!