2023 Study of the United States Institute (SUSI) for Student Leaders: Economic Empowerment Program 2023 – Applications are invited from all interested persons for the SUSI Empowerment Program 2023. See below for more details.
The SUSI on Economic Empowerment will enhance participants’ knowledge of U.S. history, government, institutions, society, and culture within the context of the theme. Participants will receive an overview of the U.S. economic system and structures while exploring sub-themes such as economic prosperity and opportunity; building sustainable economies; inequities within economies; financial access and inclusion; entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial ecosystems; social entrepreneurship; social capital development; financial literacy; organizational development and management; and adapting to the future of work.
SUSI for Student Leaders
The Institute will incorporate a focus on U.S. historical events as well as contemporary American life, including current political, social, and economic debates in a pluralistic society. Participants will also learn about economic empowerment through foundational discussion on entrepreneurship and social capital as well as capacity building workshops. These practical sessions will address financial literacy, business modeling, and leadership and management skills.
Program Dates: The five-week program will take place beginning in late June 2023.
- Candidates must be Tunisians aged 18-25 years old with no previous experience in the United States.
- Participants must be undergrads who have completed at least one semester of university and will have at least one semester remaining in their studies after the end of the SUSI program.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
- Applications and a copy of your transcripts (no translation required) must be emailed to the U.S. Embassy (Tunis_exchange@state.gov) by December 12th, 2022.
- Late submissions will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
December 12, 2022
For More Information: