Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund 2023 – You are invited to the Tony Elumelu Storyteller fund for content creators competitions 2022 for all interested and qualified candidates.
TE Story tellers invite emerging artists, journalists, and content creators, such as bloggers, vloggers, and podcasters, to submit work that offers a more contemporary and authentic narrative of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs in Africa.
Entrepreneurs’ stories can be celebrated and shared in a variety of ways; a photograph, drawing, or painting of an inspirational figure can tell a thousand stories and transcend a thousand languages. Just as a great entrepreneur turns an idea into a profitable business, a great artist finds a muse and transforms it into something relatable, intriguing, and timeless – Africa No Filter wants to help you create this work.
They are especially interested in assisting storytellers who are telling an interesting, one-of-a-kind story about entrepreneurship in Africa; stories amplify unheard voices, challenge global perspectives, and introduce contemporary narratives. The Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund encourages creativity and innovation; consider what you want your reader or viewer to take away from this work, as well as the type of impact you want to make, both locally and globally.
Named after patron, African business leader and philanthropist, Tony O. Elumelu, the project is jointly funded by Heirs Insurance and Heirs Life Assurance.
Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund Categories
The Fund is awarded to content creators in two categories: Media and Arts.
- Media includes Bloggers, Vloggers and Journalists. Examples of projects: A series of published articles identifying innovative tech entrepreneurs, a vlog that showcases entrepreneurs in underrepresented areas, a blog that shines the light on new African innovation.
- Arts grants will be made to photographers, filmmakers, sketch artists, painters, and digital artists. Example of projects: A lighthearted, comedic short film telling the story of an 11-year old budding entrepreneur, a photography series of Africa’s Top entrepreneurs etc.
Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund Eligibility
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 35 and live on the continent or in the Diaspora;
- They must have a platform or portfolio of work that challenges stereotypes about youth and entrepreneurship in Africa.
Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund – Grants
- Each selected participant will receive a grant ranging from $500 to $2,000 from the Fund.
How to Apply for Tony Elumelu Storytellers Fund 2023
All candidates must apply only once, with their best idea. All Tony Elumelu Fund recipients must complete their projects by October 2023.
Interest applicants should CLICK HERE