Here I will be discussing about Travel Insurance in USA for Foreigners for those interested in travelling to US for visit or studies. The crucial part of travelling US is to get travel health insurance. This article is a short note on what is expected on Travel Insurance in USA for Foreigners for those travelling to US for a visit or studies.
Even if you are only spending a week or two there and you are healthy, you cannot predict the future or any accidents that can happen. Health insurance for visitors or students to USA minimizes the cost of any medical problem or accident that can occur while travelling.
Meanwhile, those travelling to the US for a short period of time, you are not required by law to have health insurance. Medical insurance for visitors to the US is not mandatory but it is advisable.
Usually, all health insurance plans for visitors to the US cover the following:
- Doctor’s visit
- Hospitalization (the cost of the hospital room)
- The cost of prescription drugs and medicine
- Surgical procedures
- Emergency services, such as the ambulance and ER
- The cost of lab tests and X-rays
- Physical therapy
The best health insurance plans for visitors to the United States:
- Safe Travels for Visitors to the USA.
- Visitors Care.
- Safe Travel USA Comprehensive.
- Atlas America.
- Safe Travel USA Cost Saver.
- Atlas Essential America.
- Safe Travels USA.
- Atlas Premium America.
- Patriot America Plus.
- Patriot America.
- Patriot Platinum America.
- Beacon America.
Price/Cost of Health Insurance Travel in USA
Price of a travel health insurance plan depends on:
- The type and amount of coverage you want
- The duration
- Your age
For example, if you have a $2,000 deductible, you have to pay $2,000 first, then the company will begin paying.
Usually, there are three types of health insurances in the United States:
- Traditional fee-for-service health insurance plans
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs)
Coverage-wise, there are two types of travel health insurance plans:
- Plans with a fixed coverage
- Plans with comprehensive coverage