UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2022. See the date, requirements and procedure on how to apply for the 2022 UBA Essay Competition.
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2022.
Now in its 12th edition, the UBA National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria, is organized annually as part of the UBA Foundation’s education initiative.
The essay competition promotes the reading culture and encourages healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary in Nigeria.
Below are what you need to about UBA National Essay Competition.
|UBA Essay Competition||Information|
|Scholarship Sponsor||UBA Foundation’s Education Initiative|
|Scholarship Type||Educational Grant|
|Scholarship Worth||₦11.5 million|
|Number of Awards||3|
|Study Level||Secondary School|
|Start Date||September 7th 2022|
|Application Deadline||Friday, October 14th 2022|
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition Eligibility
- Must be in senior secondary school
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or Passport.
- First Prize: N5 million educational grant to any African University of the winner’s choice;
- Second prize: N3 million in educational grants to any African University of choice;
- Third Prize: N2.5 million in educational grants to any African University of choice.
UBA Foundation National Essay Competition Selection Procedure
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment.
- Following this, the second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second superior essay from which the three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists.
How to Enter UBA Essay Competition
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address).
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.