Usman Danfodio University Sokoto, UDUSOK Postgraduate Courses The management of Usman Danfodio University Sokoto (UDUSOK) has officially released a comprehensive list of post graduate courses offered in her institution. See the full list below.
Official UDUSOK Postgraduate Courses
UDUSOK is one of the federal universities in Nigeria, the school prides itself as one of the most prestigious universities in the northern part of Nigeria.
Usman Danfodio University Sokoto, UDUSOK Postgraduate Courses
READ ALSO – UNIZIK Postgraduate Courses and Programmes
The management of Usman Danfodio university school of graduate studies has officially released the list of post graduate courses offered at her institution.
List of available programmes for the 2022/2023 Academic session
|1.||FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE|
|a.||Department of Soil Science||Ph.D Soil Science|
|M.Phil. Soil Science|
|MSc. Soil Science|
|b.||Department of Forestry & Environment||Ph.D Forestry|
|M. Phil/Ph.D Forestry|
|MSc. Forest Biology & Silviculture|
|c.||Department of Animal Science||Ph.D. Animal Science|
|M.Phil. Animal Science|
|MSc. Animal Science|
|PGD (Livestock Production & Management)|
|d.||Department of Agricultural Economics||Ph.D. Agricultural Economics|
|M.Phil./Ph.D Agricultural Economics|
|MSc. Agricultural Economics,|
|Postgraduate Diploma (Agric. Econs & Extension)|
|e.||Department of Crop Science||Ph.D. Crop Science (Agronomy)|
|Ph.D. Crop Science (Plant Breeding)|
|Ph.D. Crop Science (Entomology)|
|M. Phil Crop Science|
|f.||Department of Fisheries & Aquaculture||Ph.D. Fisheries Management and Aquaculture|
|M.Phil. Fisheries Management and Aquaculture|
|MSc. Fisheries and Aqua. Management|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Fisheries Management and Aquaculture|
|g.||Department of Agric. Ext. & Rural Development||Ph.D. Agricultural Extension and Rural Development|
|M.Phil. Agricultural Extension and Rural Development|
|MSc. Agricultural Extension and Rural Development|
|2.||FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES|
|a.||Department of Accounting||Ph.D Accounting and Finance|
|MSc. Accounting and Finance|
|b.||Department of Public Administration||Master of Public Administration (MPA)|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Public Administration (PGDPA)|
|Ph.D. Public Administration|
|M.Sc. Public Administration|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. Public Administration|
|M.Sc. Management Studies|
|c.||Department of Business Administration||Executive Masters Business Administration (Part-Time)(EMBA)|
|Postgraduate Diploma Management (PGDM)|
|3.||FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES|
|a.||Department of Sociology||Ph.D. Sociology, M.Phil./Ph.D. Sociology, MSc. Sociology,|
|M.Phil./Ph.D Sociology of Education|
|Master of Social Policy (MSP)|
|b.||Department of Political Science||Ph.D. Political Science|
|M.Phil. Political Science|
|MSc. Political Science|
|Master of International Affairs & Diplomacy (MIAD)|
|Master of Governance and Public Policy (MGPP)|
|c.||Department of Geography||M.Phil. Geography|
|d.||Department of Economics||Master of Banking and Finance (MBF),Ph.D. Economics|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Banking and Finance (PGDBF)|
|4.||FACULTY OF VETERINARY MEDICINE|
|a.||Department of Vet. Anatomy||Ph.D. Vet. Anatomy, MSc. Vet. Anatomy|
|b.||Department of Vet. Physiology & Biochemistry||MSc. Vet. Physiology|
|c.||Department of Vet. Pharmacology & Toxicology||Ph.D. Vet. Pharmacology, MSc. Vet. Pharmacology|
|d.||Department of Vet. Medicine||Ph.D. Vet. Medicine, MVM Vet. Medicine|
|e.||Department of Vet. Pathology||Ph.D. Vet. Pathology, MSc. Vet. Pathology|
|f.||Department of Theriogenology & Animal Production||Ph.D. Theriogenology, MSc. Theriogenology, MSc. Animal Production,|
|M.Phil./Ph.D Theriogenology, Ph.D. Animal Production, M.Phil./Ph.D Animal Production,|
|PGD Animal Health, PGD Animal Health and Production|
|g.||Department of Surgery & Radiology||Ph.D. Vet. Surgery, Masters Vet. Surgery|
|h.||Department of Vet. Pub. Health & Preventive Medicine||Ph.D. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, Ph.D. Veterinary Public Health,|
|MVPH Veterinary Public Health, MPVM Preventive Veterinary Medicine,|
|MSc. Veterinary Epidemology|
|i.||Department of Vet. Microbiology||Ph.D. Vet. Microbiology, MSc. Vet. Microbiology|
|j.||Department of Vet. Parasitology||Ph.D. Veterinary Parasitology, M.Phil. Veterinary Parasitology,|
|MSc. Vet. Parasitology|
|5.||FACULTY OF ARTS & ISLAMIC STUDIES|
|a.||Department of Arabic||Ph.D. Arabic, M.A. Arabic|
|b.||Department of Nigerian Languages||Ph. D Hausa Language,|
|Ph.D Hausa Literature|
|Ph.D Hausa Culture|
|M.A. Hausa Literature|
|M.A. Hausa Culture|
|M.A. Hausa Language|
|c.||Department of Modern European Language & Linguistics.||Ph.D. English Language, Ph.D. Literature in English, Ph.D. Linguistics, M.Phil. English Language, M.Phil. Literature in English, M.Phil. Linguistics, M.Phil. French, M.A. English Language, M.A. Literature in English,M.A. French, M.A. Linguistics.|
|d.||Department of History||Ph.D. History|
|Masters in International Studies|
|PGD Migration and Refugee Studies|
|PGD in Africa and Development Studies|
|e.||Deaprtment of Islamic Studies||Ph.D. Islamic Studies, M.Phil./Ph.D Islamic Studies, M.A. Islamic Studies|
|6.||FACULTY OF EDUCATION & EXTENSION SERVICES|
|a.||Department of Adult Education & Extension||Ph.D. Primary Education, Ph.D. Adult Education, M.Phil./Ph.D Primary Education, M.Phil./Ph.D Adult Education, M.Ed. Adult Education, M.Ed. Primary Education|
|b.||Department of Curriculum & Educational Technology.||Ph.D. Language Education, M.Phil./Ph.D Language Education, M.Ed. Educational Technology, Ph.D. Curriculum Studies, M.Ed. Curriculum Studies, M.Ed. Language Education|
|c.||Department of Science & Vocational Education||Ph.D. Science Education, Ph.D. Maths Education, M.Phil./Ph.D Science Education|
|M.Ed. Science Education, M.Ed. Maths Education.|
|d.||Department of Educational Foundation||Ph.D. Educational Psychology, Ph.D. Sociology of Education, Ph.D. Philosophy of Education, Ph.D. Guidance & Counseling,|
|Ph.D Admin. & Planning, M.Phil./Ph.D Admin. & Planning,M.Phil./Ph.D Philosophy of Education, M. Ed Educational Psychology, M. Ed Sociology of Education, M. Ed Philosophy of Education, M. Ed Guidance & Counseling, Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)|
|7.||FACULTY OF SCIENCE|
|a.||Department of Mathemmatics||Ph.D. Mathematics, Ph.D. Statistics, MSc. Statistics, Postgraduate Diploma in Statistics (PGDS),MSc. Mathematics|
|Ph.D. Computer Science, M. Phil / Ph.D. Computer Science, M. Phil. Computer Science.|
|MSc. Computer Science, Master Information Technology (MIT), Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science (PGDS).|
|b.||Department of Biochemistry||Ph.D. Biochemistry, M.Phil. Biochemistry, MSc. Biochemistry, PGD Biochemistry.|
|c.||Department of Physics||Ph.D. Physics, M.Phil./Ph.D. Physics, MSc. Physics|
|d.||Department of Biological Sciences||Ph.D. Botany, M.Phil. Botany, MSc. Botany, Ph.D. Biology, M.Phil. Biology,|
|MSc. Biology, Ph.D. Zoology, MSc. Zoology, Postgraduate Diploma in Biological Sciences (PGDBS)|
|e.||Department of Microbiology||MSc. Microbiology, Ph.D Microbiology, M.Phil./Ph.D Micriobiology|
|f.||Department of Pure & Applied Chemistry||Ph.D. Petroleum Chemistry, Ph.D. Renewable Energy, Ph.D. Pure Chemistry,|
|Ph.D. Applied Chemistry, M.Phil. Petroleum Chemistry, M.Phil. Renewable Energy|
|MSc. Pure Chemistry, MSc. Applied Chemistry, MSc. Petroleum Chemistry, MSc. Renewable Energy.|
|8.||FACULTY OF MEDICAL LAB SCIENCE||Ph.D. Medical Laboratory Science|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. Medical Laboratory Science|
|MSc. Medical Laboratory Science (Hispathology)|
|MSc. Medical Laboratory Science (Immunology)|
|MSc. Medical Laboratory Science (Medical Microbiology)|
|MSc. Medical Laboratory Science (Chem. Patho.)|
|MSc. Medical Laboratory Science (Haematology)|
|9.||FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCE|
|c.||Department of Physiology||Ph.D. Physiology, MSc. Physiology, M.Phil./Ph.D Physiology|
|a.||Department of Anatomy||Ph.D. Anatomy, MSc. Anatomy|
|10.||FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES||Master of Public Health (MPH)|
|11.||FACULTY OF BASIC CLINICAL SCIENCES|
|b.||Dept. of Pharm & Thera||Ph.D. Pharmacology, M. Phil Pharmacology, M.Sc. Pharmacology|
|b.||Dept. of Chemical Pathology||M.Sc. Chemical. Pathology|
|12.||FACULTY OF LAW||Ph.D. Law, LL.M|
|Master of Information and Communication Techology Law (MICTEL)|
|13.||CENTRE FOR PEACE STUDIES (in collaboration with Department of Political Science, Faculty of Social Sciences)||M.Sc. Peace and Conflict Studies|
|Master of Peace and Security Studies|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Peace and Security Studies (PGDPS)|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. Peace and Security Studies|
|14.||FACULTY OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES||M.Sc. Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry|
|M.Phil. Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry|
|Ph.D. Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry|
|M.Sc. Pharmaceutical Microbiology|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. Pharmaceutical Microbiology|
|Ph.D. Pharmaceutical Microbiology|
|M.Sc. Pharmacology and Toxicology|
|M.Phil./Ph.D. Pharmacology and Toxicology|
|Ph.D. Pharmacology and Toxicology|
Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto (Postgraduate School)
Here are the Pg courses offered at Usmanu Danfodiyo University.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2022/2023 POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL PROGRAMMES
All Candidates for admission into Ph.D, M.Phil/Ph.D, M. A., M.Ed., M.Sc. and LLM Programmes must provide records of their Academic Transcripts.
- Candidate for admission into Ph.D/ M.Phil programmes shall have M. A., M.Ed., M.Sc and LLM Degrees in the relevant areas with CGPA of not less than 4.0 on a scale of 5.0 from Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto or any other recognized University.
- Candidates for admission into M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc. and LL.M programmes shall have: a minimum of a Good Second Class Lower Degree in the relevant areas from Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto or any recognized University.
- Candidates for admission into Postgraduate Diploma Programmes should possess the following:
- Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Lower Credit pass in relevant area
- Third Class Degree in relevant areas.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above which are acceptable to the Board of Postgraduate School and Senate of the University.
- In addition to (i) to (iii) above, a candidate must satisfy the University’s Matriculation requirements
- Candidates for admission into Masters in Public Health must:
- Have MBBS Degree of Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, or an equivalent Medical Degree from a recognized University
- Candidates for admission into College of Health Sciences, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medical Laboratory Science, Science and Veterinary Medicine, must have ‘O’level credits in English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Candidate for admission into Faculty of Education and Extension Services should possess the following:
- Education Science: English, Mathematics and other relevant science subjects.
- Education Arts: English, Mathematics and credits in relevant subject.
- Education Social Science: English, Mathematics and credit in relevant subjects.
- Adult/Primary Education: English, Mathematics credits in Arts, Science or Social Science subjects.
- Candidates for admission into Faculty of Management Sciences should meet the following requirements:
- Accounting and Business Admin: English, Mathematics, and Economics and other relevant subjects.
- Public Admin: English, Mathematics, Government/Civic Education / History and other relevant subjects.
- Candidate for admission into Faculty of Agriculture must have O’ Level Credits in English, Mathematics, Agriculture/ Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Candidates for admission into Faculty of Social Sciences should be as follows:
- Political Science and Sociology: English, Mathematics, Government/Civic Education/ History with other Arts or Social Science subjects
- Economics: English, Mathematics, Economics with other social sciences or Arts subjects.
- Geography: English, Mathematics, Geography with other social sciences or Arts subjects.
- Candidates for admission into Faculty of Law must have O’ Level Credits in English, Islamic studies with other relevant subjects.
- Candidates for admission into Faculty of Arts and Islamic Studies should meet the following requirements:
- English Language and Literature in English: English, Literature in English and other Arts or Social Science subjects.
- Linguistics: English and any other language with any 3 subjects.
- French: English, French and one other Arts subject.
- History: English, History or Civic Education and any Arts subjects.
- Hausa: English, Hausa and any 3 Arts subjects.
- Islamic Studies: English, Islamic Studies and any 3 from Arts or Science subject.
- Arabic: English, Arabic and any Arts subjects.
- Candidates applying for admission into Computer Science, Physics and Statistics should have the following requirements:
- Computer Science and Physics: English, Mathematics, Physics and any other science subjects.
- Statistics: English, Mathematics and at least 3 subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Economics.