UNILORIN Postgraduate Admission Form 2022/2023 Session | Ongoing. University Of Ilorin (UNILORIN) Postgraduate School: Call For Applications for the 2022/2023 Academic Session.
UNILORIN Postgraduate Admission Form 2022/2023 Session
The managements of University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) postgraduate studies is now accepting applications from qualified individuals who wish to further their academic journey. Various postgraduate degree programmes have been made available for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Postgraduate Courses and Programmes Offered at UNILORIN
UNILORIN Postgraduate School offers five primary types of postgraduate programmes:
1. Ph.D. Degree Programmes
These are available to holders of M.A; M.Ed.; M.Eng.; M.Sc.; LL.M; and M.P.H degrees, who scored a minimum of 60% or 4 points on a 5 points GPA scale in their Master degree programmes. The Ph.D. programme runs for 36-60 calendar months for full-time candidates. Relevant courses will be taken, and a thesis is required at the end of the programme.
2. M.Phil./Ph. D. Degree Programmes
This programme is for candidates who scored between 55.00 and 59.99 percent or 3.50 – 3.99 GPA score on a 5-point scale. It runs for a minimum of 12 calendar months and a maximum of 24 calendar months. A dissertation is produced after the research work.
3. M.Phil. Degree Programmes
This programme is for candidates who scored between 50.00 and 54.99 percent or 3.00 – 3.49 GPA score on a 5-point scale. The M.Phil. degree programme runs for a minimum period of 18 calendar months and a maximum of 24 calendar months. A dissertation is required at the end of the programme.
4. Master Degree Programmes
These run for a minimum period of 18 calendar months and a maximum of 24 calendar months for full-time candidates. All Master degree programmes are by coursework, and a dissertation is required at the end of the programme.
5. Postgraduate Diploma Degree Programmes
Postgraduate Diploma degrees are available to candidates with a Third Class (honours) degree.
Eligibility for Academic Programmes
Before applying, it’s crucial to understand the general requirements, which include:
- All entry certificate requirements shall be available at the point of application.
- National Youth Service Corp Discharge Certificate OR Exemption Certificate should be dated and presented on or before September 30, 2023.
- Applicants are expected to submit their application forms online, along with the scanned copies of their credentials.
- Applicants must have 5 O/L Credit passes in the relevant subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants must apply early for their official Bachelor degree transcript to be sent to the Head of Department where the admission is being sought, before the deadline.
Please refer to the official call for applications for a comprehensive list of requirements for each specific programme.
The non-refundable application fee for all programmes is N25,000.00 (Twenty-five Thousand Naira) only for applicants within Nigeria OR $200.00 only for international applicants.
How to Apply of the Programme
Applications are to be completed online and will close on Friday, 23rd June 2023. The latest date for receipt of supporting documents is Friday, 7th July 2023. Successful applicants would be notified via their UNILORIN application portal.
Note that a qualifying examination will be held on Saturday, 8th July 2023. All applicants are advised to provide functional GSM numbers and e-mail addresses for further information and necessary communication.
- Only courses available for the session are advertised and as such candidates are advised to select courses available in this advertisement.
- Candidates are advised to PRINT out the advertisement and STUDY thoroughly before COMMENCING the application procedure.
- Applicants are to note that the University will not be liable or responsible for any mistake made arising from wrong application.
- The Postgraduate academic session for Postgraduate programmes is 12 calendar months, commencing on 23rd October and ending on 30th September of the following year. The 12 calendar months start to count automatically from the date of first registration.
- Applicants are to note that programmes automatically lapse at the expiration of the prescribed maximum duration for each programme. A candidate may, however, apply for an extension of not more than 6 months, in the first instance, subject to a maximum of two such extensions.
Make the right choice for your future today by taking advantage of the opportunities offered by the University of Ilorin’s postgraduate programmes.