UNIMED Post UTME / Direct Entry Screening Form 2023/2024 Session. Applications are invited from all candidates who made University Of Medical Sciences their first choice institution for their 2023/2024 Post UTME / Direct Entry Screening.
UNIMED Post UTME / Direct Entry Screening Form
The University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) in Ondo State, Nigeria, has been the first stop for numerous aspiring medical and health science professionals across West Africa. Since its inception in 2014, the institution has garnered acclaim for its stability, uninterrupted academic calendar, and sterling educational service delivery, making it a beacon of learning in the region.
Breakdown of the application Procedures
|🎓 Institution||University of Medical Sciences, Ondo (UNIMED)|
|💼 Admission Session||2023/2024 Academic Session|
|🔑 Eligibility||UTME & Direct Entry candidates with set criteria|
|🏆 Rankings||1st among Ondo State Universities, 19th in Nigeria|
|👥 Candidates’ Choice||Preferred (1st) choice in UTME 2023/2024|
|🔖 Eligibility Criteria||Specific academic achievements per faculty|
|💻 Application Process||Via www.unimed.edu.ng|
|📆 Screening Date||To be communicated in August 2023|
Breaking Down Eligibility for the UNIMED Admission Process
- Post-UTME Candidates: If you opted for the “Ondo State University of Medical Sciences” as your first-choice institution in the 2023/2024 UTME and scored 150 or above, you’re eligible to apply for the Post UTME screening. You should also have a minimum of five credits in NECO, SSCE, or GCE O’ Level in not more than two sittings. For those aiming to pursue Medicine and Surgery, Dentistry, or Physiotherapy, it’s mandatory to have five O’level credits including Mathematics, English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry, achieved in just one sitting.
- Direct Entry Candidates: If you’ve already applied through JAMB and chosen UNIMED as your most preferred institution for 2023/2024, you’re also eligible. Candidates should have at least ten points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects, or a B.Sc. (Hons) Degree/ Diploma in Basic Medical or Basic Science subjects with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division). If you’re applying for Medicine and Surgery or Dentistry, a minimum of thirteen points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects is required, alongside a Second Class Upper B.Sc. (Hons) Degree in any Basic Medical Science courses. For the Nursing Science programme, eligibility extends to holders of the RN or RM Certificates from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
Steps to Apply for the 2023/2024 Post UTME Screening
To apply, head to the University website at www.unimed.edu.ng and follow these steps:
- Navigate to ‘Admission’, then ‘Post-UTME’ to access the portal.
- Select ‘PAYMENT’ to make your payment using a debit card.
- After payment, print your Payment Receipt.
- Log into the Post-UTME Portal with your UTME/DE Registration Number and Payment Transaction ID to complete your screening form.
What’s Next: Post-UTME Screening and Further Steps
Details regarding the examination dates, venue, and other relevant procedures will be communicated to validly registered candidates in August 2023.