The University of Glasgow Ph.D. Scholarships 2022/2023 – Apply Now. The University of Glasgow is now inviting applications form suitably qualified persons for the 2022/2023 Ph.D. Scholarships. Interested persons should kindly check below for requirements and application procedures
University of Glasgow Ph.D. Scholarships
The University of Glasgow is a public research university in Glasgow, Scotland. Founded by papal bull in 1451, it is the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s four ancient universities.
The James McCune Smith Scholarships fund Black UK domiciled students to undertake PhD research at the University of Glasgow in any research area in which they can offer supervision.
They provide an enhanced experience through external mentors, placements, leadership training, community-building activities and networking opportunities.
10 James McCune Smith PhD Scholarships will be awarded in October 2023 to start the research process. Eight of these assist research across all fields and are financed by the University of Glasgow.
Related Posts – University of Manchester Masters Scholarship
Danish Government Graduates Scholarship
Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) for Master’s Degree
University of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship
Benefits of University of Glasgow Ph.D. Scholarships
The funding covers stipend (est £18,022 for 2023 entry) and fees for up to four years.
- A six-month placement with industry, a government or non-governmental organisation or other employer.
- Mentorship from outside academia to provide a broader perspective and network, besides the usual academic supervisors.
- Leadership training and community building activities.
- Support for conferences and other networking opportunities.
Requirements for University of Glasgow Scholarships
- You must be a UK domiciled Black African, Black Caribbean, Black Other, Mixed White and Black Caribbean, Mixed White and Black African, or other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other).
- Applying does not prevent you from applying for other schemes to obtain a funded place.
How To Apply for University of Glasgow
January 31st, 2023.
Be the first to comment