Yobe State University Postgraduate Courses [Approved] – All interest candidates are advised to check below for the updated list of YSU Postgraduate Courses available as accredited by NUC.Yobe State University is located in Damaturu, Yobe State, Nigeria. It was established under the Yobe state law in 2006 by Alh. Bukar Abba Ibrahim, the then Executive Governor of Yobe State.
READ ALSO – Yobe State University (YSU) Courses and Admission Requirements [Updated]
YSU Postgraduate Courses
Yobe State University offers courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The postgraduate courses offered by the institution at Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and PhD. levels are listed below.
Yobe State University postgraduate programmes.
- M.A. Arabic (3 semesters)
- PhD. Arabic (4 semesters)
- M.A. Islamic Studies (3 semesters)
- PhD Islamic Studies (4 semesters)
- M.A. (Ed.) English Language Education (4 semesters)
- PhD. English Language Education (6 semesters)
- PGD Chemistry (2 semesters)
- M.Sc. Chemistry (3 semesters)
- PhD. Chemistry (6 semesters)
- PGD GIS and Remote Sensing (2 semesters)
- M.Sc. GIS and Remote Sensing (4 semesters)
- PhD. GIS and Remote Sensing (6 semesters)
- M.Sc. Geography (4 semesters)
- PhD. Geography (6 semesters)
- PGD Management (2 semesters)
- M.Sc. Management (4 semesters)
- PhD. Management (6 semesters)
- PhD. Marketing (6 semesters)
- PGD Public Policy and Administration (2 semesters)
- PGD Banking and Finance (2 semesters)
- PGD Education (2 semesters)
- PGD Accounting (2 semesters)
- PGD Food Quality and Safety (2 semesters)
- PGD Local Government Administration (2 semesters)
SEE ALSO – Study in USA: Clark University Scholarship 2022/2023 Fully Funded
YSU Postgraduate Admission Entry Requirements
Below is the general O’level requirements for admission into any Postgraduate Programmes in the institution.
- All Candidates applying for Postgraduate Programmes MUST have five O/Level Credit Passes including English Language, Mathematics and three other Departmental relevant subjects.
READ ALSO – NNPC Scholarship 2022/2023-Apply for Seplat Energy Undergraduate Scholarship
For Master’s Degree (M. A., M. Ed., and M.Sc.)
- Holders of First Degree in relevant subject with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) with CGPA 0/5.0 from Yobe State University, Damaturu or any other University recognized by the Senate of this University.
- A candidate with at least a Third Class Degree or HND and Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) with Lower Credit-CGPA 0/5.0 from Yobe State University or any other recognised University may be considered for admission
SEE ALSO – AES Engineering Scholarships 2022 – Apply Now
For Doctor of Philosophy Degree (Ph.D.)
- Candidates with Bachelors degree from Yobe State University or any other recognised University must obtain a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) with a CGPA of 0/5.0.
- Candidates must have Academic Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with ‘B’ Average Grade (60%) in addition to his/her First Degree from Yobe State University, or any other University recognized by the Senate of this University.
- Candidates must demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity and effective decision making and problem solving potentials.
SEE ALSO – Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships for study in South Africa & United Kingdom
For Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- A First Degree not lower than Second Class (Lower Division) in the relevant subject from Yobe State University or any other University recognized by the Senate of this University.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of Lower Credit (CGPA of 0/5.0) or HND at Credit Level with any other recognized professional qualification in the relevant subject.
- Candidates with Third Class Degree may be considered for admission in their areas of specialization or other areas for the purpose of conversion.
How Can I Apply for YSU Postgraduate Admission Form?
The application form is available online at the Yobe State University website as stated in the Guidelines below:
- Visit: https://ysu.edu.ng/pgapplication
- Create an account by following the indicated steps.
- Generate RRR code and pay the application fee of N 10,000 only as stated on the page using any e-payment channel or any Bank branch.
- Log in with your phone number and the generated RRR code to proceed with the application.
- Provide all required information in the application and print the acknowledgement slip. Note that any application with incomplete information shall not be treated as valid.
- Upload all required documents including certificates, official transcripts of academic records, indigent letter, birth certificate or declaration of age, among others.
- Proposed Programme including Area of Specialization (if any) should be clearly stated.
- A candidate can apply for admission to only one Degree/Diploma Programme at any given time.
- A Departmental Postgraduate Committee, or the Board of Postgraduate Studies, or the Senate shall not be obliged to give reasons to any
RECOMMENDED – Study in USA: Clark University Scholarship 2022/2023 Fully Funded
Be the first to comment